| ]

 
A modern surf mix for summer 2011
My dad brought me up on Jan & Dean, The Beach Boys, The Zombies, The Shangri-Las, Leslie Gore; the greats of 50s and 60s vocal pop. I love that sound and I’ll never get tired of it, so I’m glad there’s still people out there making it. Here’s some cuts to drench your days in even more sun.
(p.s.: bands with free/cheap album downloads via bandcamp are linked)
1. Tennis - Marathon
2. Chalk Talk - Wouldn’t It Be Nice
3. Dum Dum Girls - I Will Be
4. Lonesome Ghost - My Dear
5. Street Violence - Outside
6. The Dozen Dimes - Smart Sixth Avenue
7. The Jings - Don’t Rip My Style
8. Frankie Rose And The Outs - That’s What People Told Me
9. The Suns - Hollows Bridge
10. Deftones - Sleep Walk
11. Cults - Most Wanted
12. Triptides - Coastlines
13. We Don’t Surf - Don’t Go
14. Baskin’s Wish - Somewhere Out There
15. Vivian Girls - Dance (If You Wanna)
16. FISHDOCTOR - Hawaiian Blizzard
17. Best Coast - When You Wake Up
18. Jeff The Brotherhood - The Tropics